Office For The Protection Of Children And Youth
**Please follow this link to complete compliance tasks:
Current families may call the school office if there are questions regarding compliance.
- Complete an eApps online criminal background check application before being accepted as a volunteer. Applicant cannot begin service until the background check approval has been received.
- 1 time national background check. Rechecks are conducted automatically.
VIRTUS/PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN:
- Attend within 60 days of beginning service. Certificate of attendance kept on site in personnel file.
- 1 time 3-hour training for adults. No one under 18 yrs. of age permitted at training. All participants must pre-register online.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
- Read and sign prior to beginning service. Signed acknowledgement form kept on site in personnel file.
- Complete new form if employee moves to new parish/school.
DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES’ CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT TRACKING SYSTEM FORM [CANTS FORM] TO BE DONE ANNUALLY
- Complete form and submit to site prior to beginning service. Copy of completed form kept on site in personnel file. Original mailed to DCFS by the site.
- To be done annually. Application reviewed by DCFS for abuse and neglect offenses.
- Return completed form to St. James School for submission.
MANDATED REPORTER TRAINING
- Catechishts, youth ministers, coaches are encouraged to complete this requirement prior to beginning volunteer service.
- Copy of certificate kept on-site in personnel file. Online training available in English. Live training available in English, Spanish, and Polish.