Spring Break 2017 edition
The winning Life Savers Racer — 9.5 ft!
Have a great break! NO HOMEWORK. The baking chemistry extra credit will be posted later this break. Stay tuned.
Make your own fidget toy. Click here for instructions.
In case you want to up your racing game, check out these amazing videos about racing:
7th and 8th grade: There is no homework tonight.
8th Grade: Can you use your developing knowledge of chemistry to come up with an ORIGINAL Chemistry Cat meme? The world needs more Chemistry Cat jokes…and you might need (or want) the extra credit point that comes with it!
Due tomorrow: “Make the Right Call” Lab Analysis Questions #s: 1-6 (see p. 125)
Tomorrow: Chapter 20 Test
Study your quizzes!
Due Wednesday: “Make the Right Call” Lab Analysis Questions #s: 1,2, 4, 5,6 (see p. 125)
You could probably start the first punnett square (see question 1)
Test: Chapter 20 on Wednesday
Due tomorrow: Select 10 of the following 20 questions and answer them on loose-leaf. Note: A multi-part question 1a, 1b, 1c, counts as ONE question. Please click on this link to get started.
2. Answer these questions:
- What is responsible for the four-leaf mutation?
- How many sets of chromosomes does White clover have?
- How many sets of chromosomes do you have in each of your cells?
- Is clover heterozygous or homozygous?
- Fill in the blank The multifoliolate trait was found to be controlled by two recessive genes. Note: multifoliolate = multi-leaved. The word folioate is related to the word foliage. “The foliage is really impressive in Northern Wisconsin in the fall!”
- What influences clover gene expression?
- When are 4-leaf clovers the most prevalent?
- Statistically there is only a single four-leaf clover in ___________.
- If you find one four leaf clover, would it be worthwhile to look around it for another? Why?
Due Monday: Naming Ionic Compounds Handout Problems:
Model 1– Ion Charges for Selected Elements
- Complete the periodic table with the charges of the ions. See p. 616 or above for assistance.
- Complete problems 1-2
Model 2– Ionic Compound Names
- Answer questions 4,5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 13
Wednesday: Chapter 20 test
Chemistry of Baking EC project details will be posted here later this weekend!