November 20 – Math
November 21– Simple Solutions
IXL: H.9,11 L.8,9
Monday: Pretest / practice spelling your new words on a piece of paper
Tuesday: Extra Pattern Practice worksheet
Wednesday: Word Study Practice
Thursday: Study for the test
Your child should read 20 minutes (or more) each day to improve their reading fluency and comprehension. They should complete their Reading Log indicating the book, minutes read, how many pages they read, and a book rating. Completed Reading Logs are due every two weeks.
Practice math facts daily! Have your child practice (both orally and written) addition and subtraction facts to help them meet their Rocket Math goal.
Keep a prayer journal at home. Each day write one thing you are thankful for and write Jesus a letter. Talk to Him about your day, your friends and family.
Mondays – Library
Tuesdays – Gym & Rocket Math
Wednesday – Music
Thursdays – Gym & Second Step & Rocket Math
Fridays – Mass
Learning with iPads!
I am thrilled to be teaching 2nd grade again at St. James School!! I previously taught 2nd grade but left to raise my family. Most recently I was a teaching assistant in kindergarten, a substitute teacher in the primary grades, and a preschool teacher . In 1997 I earned my Bachelors of Education from Illinois State University and in 2017 I earned my Master’s of Education in Reading from National Louis University.
- I married my husband almost 19 years ago at St. James Church
- I have 4 children: my 18 year old daughter is a freshman at St. Louis University, my 16 year old daughter is a junior at St. Viator, my 13 and 9 year old sons attend St. James School in 7th and 4th grade
- I have 6 godchildren, 1 brother, 2 sisters, 10 nephews and 5 nieces and soon a great nephew!
- I have a blonde Shih-pooh dog named Shadow who is only 10lbs
- I enjoy reading books, crocheting, and watching old movies
- I love watching my children play sports: soccer, volleyball, basketball, and track
- My passion is teaching and watching my students grow and learn is incredibly rewarding
- I go to weekly mass and love Jesus!
Second grade is a memorable year filled with milestones and I’m honored to journey alongside of you. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to working with you to make this a successful year for your child.