Tuesday 3/21 Math Chapter 10
Thursday 3/23 Sight Word Test
IXL this week: Q.5,6,7
Word Study – Each day your child will bring home their Word Study notebook to work on their weekly word list and homework activities. This will help your child prepare for their weekly Word Study assessment on Fridays.
Math – Review math facts daily! Practice, practice, practice! Even a few minutes a day will help you progress in rocket math.
Reading – Read aloud for at least 20 minutes every day to improve fluency and comprehension.
Lenten Activity with Prayer Buddies
Who is Mrs. Dillon?!?
I am thrilled to be teaching 2nd grade again at St. James School!! I previously taught 2nd grade but left to raise my family. Most recently I was a teaching assistant in kindergarten, a substitute teacher in the primary grades, and a preschool teacher . I received my Bachelors in Education from Illinois State University and am currently enrolled in a Graduate Program at National-Louis University where I will earn my Master’s in Education as a Reading Specialist.
Some fun facts about me…
- I married my husband almost 19 years ago at St. James Church
- I have 4 children: my 16 year old daughter is a junior at St. Viator and my 14 year old daughter is a freshman at St. Viator, my 11 and 8 year old sons attend St. James School in 5th and 2nd grade
- I have 6 godchildren, 1 brother, 2 sisters, 10 nephews and 5 nieces
- I have a blonde Shih-pooh dog named Shadow who is only 10lbs
- I enjoy crocheting and reading books and watching old movies
- I love watching my children play sports and am their loudest cheerleader
- My passion is teaching and watching my students grow and learn is incredibly rewarding
- I go to weekly mass and love Jesus!
This will be a wonderful year for your child and entire family and I’m honored to be a part of it. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to working with you to make this a successful year for your child.